1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They aren't wrong in thinking fans like home runs, but it has gotten to be a joke.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I’m with you but the Derby has gotten to be a bigger attraction than the game itself
    Last time in Detroit fans went nuts over the Derby, even with Brandon Inge in it

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anyone know of an article that evaluates Boras’ FA clients’ performance post FA contract?
    He allegedly presents teams with binders comparing his clients performance with others and is essentially predictive of future performance, is he accurate? Are his clients more injury prone that comparatively aged and experienced players?

He’s a good agent for his clients. He and his clients are more than entitled to oversell themselves but should teams pay any attention to his puffery and do teams misevaluate his clients?

4. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Who would watch this? A baseball skills competition sounds like a miserable in-person event. Outside of a few people who’d watch just because they’re stubborn and want to prove how anti-HR derby they are, I have no idea who would turn on their TVs for this.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

2112?

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

John Fisher should be forced to sell the A’s. Worst owner ever.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

But the 1,500 fans on Sunday would beg to differ.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What the flying fuck are these All-Star uniforms? Hideous crap that won't even sell as merch. I give up. Manfred and Co. (30 owners) are gonna destroy the game and I don't care. Fuck it. Football starts soon.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Putting a mic on the Toronto pitcher actually was rather entertaining. Seems like quite a character, that helps.

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The AL colors are awful
    Didn’t mind the NL until I realized Paul Goldschmidt’s cardinals were gold

12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted