1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College baseball 2022 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just that 14-year stretch. They lost to Fresno State in the 2008 championship series.

maumann likes this.
  2. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

This is something you don't often see: LSU hires away Twins pitching coach Wes Johnson in the middle of the season to take the same job there, allegedly for a big raise. There is an awful lot more money available to throw around at successful college baseball programs in the south than those of us in the north might realize. The idea that a Big Ten school would be hiring away major league coaches would seem preposterous.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Wes came to the Twins straight from Arkansas. Disappointing to lose him mid-season, but rumor is he wants back in college to have a shot at Arky head job when Van Horn retires

4. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

That's what I heard as well. I also saw a report he's getting $750,000 a year at LSU, which shocked me.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He was making $350k. Is that common for a big league pitching coach? Seems low to me.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Stunning when you realize the Twins are leading their division. It's not like they're scraping the bottom and there is a chance he'd get sacked.

7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I guess it just means more.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Or it just pays more.

Batman likes this.
  9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Seems like we’re saying the same thing.

10. tapintoamerica