1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Off-Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Jun 22, 2022.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Unless Kyrie actually wants to play for the mid-level, going to the Lakers seems impossible. No way the Nets take back Westbrook, which is the obvious guy to go in a sign and trade. THT has two years, roughly $10M per year left, but I don't think he has much trade value after a stagnant third year of production.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, the exception is the only way it happens. Lakers have nothing the Nets would want.

The only way Russ leaves is if another team wants to dump an even worse contract. The Hornets could do it to get out from under Gordon Hayward's deal -- it still has a few years left on it, so they may prefer one year of Russ to three (or whatever) of Hayward.

3. PCLoadLetter

Well poo.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Joseph Tsai concurs.......I think.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Kyrie is dumb, but he’s not that dumb.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As moronic as he is, compared to NBA management, he’s a bloody genius. For $36 million on a one year option, what’s the under over on games he shows up in the arena to play on game day? 36 1/2.

injured, hurt, personal reasons, sick days, load management, Toronto. You can miss half a season without even going on the injured list.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

F you Kyrie, you throw a ball into a hoop and you think you're leading the world into "tomorrow"? No, get over yourself. (Yes I'd tell that to his face.) We as a people have failed if that's who we are relying on to get us to tomorrow.

You know who I'm relying on to get us to tomorrow? The scientists who invented the COVID 19 vaccine; the diplomats who keep us out of WWIII; the workers who keep building things and generating our food. NOT pro athletes or entertainers; that's just dessert and the sooner we get back to that, the better IMHO.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We live in a culture that equates net worth with intelligence. And celebrity with accomplishment. Someone who has $100 million dollars thinks they are 100 Million times smarter than someone who doesn’t have a million.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I become more and more convinced our fetishization of iconoclasts in the second half of the 20th century doomed us. I include myself in that blame.

We’re a bunch of people who never learned the rules before breaking them.

11. PCLoadLetter

You guys just really need to learn to enjoy Kyrie.

The man just suggested he's one of "those who dare to be different"... while announcing he's picking up the option, the move virtually every other player would make in his spot.

If I was paying Kyrie and trying to manage the Nets Kyrie would bug the shit out of me. But I'm not, so Kyrie is entertaining as hell. (And not for nothing, he's one of the most skilled players you'll ever see and a lot of fun to watch... on those occasions when he's willing to show up.)

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Wait until he falls off the edge of the earth

Draft saved Draft deleted