1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 27, 2022.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Yeah. I never thought about it before but what do these two guys do to fill the countless empty hours for the next decade?

It would wreck havoc with continuity but Obi-Wan needs to start dating again.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He told Leia she could call on him if she needed help from an old man. She had said something about him being old during their travels before she realized he was a Jedi. He was teasing her about it. That's why she smiled when he said it.

3. outofplace

There was a hint of a romantic interest in Kenobi, the novel set before this series. It is one of the novels written after the Disney takeover, so it is canon. I'm not sure they will go there again.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The "making of" the Obi-Wan Kenobi series is out today on Disney+. Haven't watched it yet, but I'm always a sucker for the behind-the-scenes stuff.

5. Deskgrunt50

First three episodes of Andor out today. Going to watch tonight.

I'm a big fan of Rogue One. Pretty good buzz for this series. Love the idea of a gritty, spy-driven series and the formation of the rebellion.

6. outofplace

I think it is best watched as one long episode. The first two are kinda slow, but the third is very good.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"Andor" is depressing, but very well done through three episodes. I'm a fan! I'll probably end up liking HEY MANDO more overall, but it's definitely better than Obi Wan.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Andor" is gonna be a long slog: two seasons of 12 episodes. At least.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have pondered the idea that the first two episodes would’ve been better as one hour-long episode, but I’m not willing to pull the videos from a sharing site and re-edit them accordingly.

10. outofplace

That's what binge-watching is for. :)

11. Deskgrunt50

Really good. And such a good idea for a series, the build-up of the rebellion.

I'm not familiar with her, but the lead actress is smoke show.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That’s not what I meant. The first two episodes dragged a bit. I think they’d be better edited down into one episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted