1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy SJ 2nd Anniversary, Jeff!

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Vombatus, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is about a month late, because I think Jeff took over the site around November 2014, but I just want to thank Jeff for keeping the lights on, his tech support and for reinforcing the expected standards of behavior that our Mods have enforced for years.

I know Jeff has been super busy lately, but if you see this, happy second anniversary, Jeff!

And thanks to all the moderators who manage the three ring circus.

For a lot of us, 2016 kind of sucked, but I am happy that we got through it, and that (amazingly) the politics thread stayed open and mostly civil. I think the SJ community is getting better - more civil, less stalking, more respectful debate, and more fun.

But, what the fuck do I know? Time to shut up and head back to Random Images.

Happy New Year, everyone!
    VB
    Endearing Court Jester

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One thing I've always loved about Jeff's SJ is the platform. Super modern and easy to use with the best functionality and little bells and whistles that we didn't have before.

Great on the phone as well.

Thanks, Jeff!

3. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I have been busy--two kids now under three, and got a new day job.

On the tech front, later this year Xenforo will be rolling out the next major version of their platform, and so once that's been out long enough to iron out most of the bugs we'll probably be moving to that. It's supposed to be even more mobile friendly, although I haven't personally played with it a lot. Visually it doesn't look that different, so shouldn't provoke too many groans about having to learn where the buttons are again. :)

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Congrats on the kids !! I would absolutely love use of the standard emojis. :D

5. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Thanks.

Afraid I'm unclear... are there emoji we're missing here? I don't think hard to add, but I don't recall for sure...

6. optondunc

optondunc New Member

Nice for a change to be kept informed before something is done, good work everyone, quite impressed how quick and well this site got set up.
    bill

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bill.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Standard emojis. What’s so hard to understand? You don’t have to add them, just stop blocking them.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Fuck, I can't believe the site was sold so long ago... Feels like yesterday.

10. Chiext

Chiext New Member

I know its late but its still important. HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY BVR

Ive made my contributions already. Gonna do even more now . Got a new ch of lotsn and gonna do some pics soon too .



Draft saved Draft deleted