1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I was going into Stranger Things with low expectations, but son of a bitch, I think it was a really stellar season. It's like the rare Netflix show that justifies its long run time, although by the end of the season, you do realize, "Hey, we have about six or seven different plot lines in the air here...!"

garrow, Roscablo and Cosmo like this.
  2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Decided to check out the TV adaptation of the Cormoran Strike novels which is an HBO offering playing on Crave in Canada. They're showing what they call Season 1, episodes 1 -4 with the title "Lethal White". According to IMDB, this is actually Season 3 which makes sense since they're following the books. Where the hell are seasons 1 and 2? And season 4 while we're at it?

Tighthead likes this.
  3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

One more left! There is a lot going on but it is flowing really well, I think. Could have added an episode or two and made some shorter, but it is working for me. It's never felt long.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's exactly it. The first episode was I think an hour and 20 minutes and I never once thought about how long it was. Ozark, meanwhile, I kept pausing wondering how much more I had to watch. I'm being overly harsh on that show because it tried to act like prestige television when it indeed was not.

Roscablo and justgladtobehere like this.
  5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the end of Ozark yet. I agree with you for the most part on the show overall. The first season was really good and it's never come close to that level again. Season 2 wasn't good. Three rebounded and the first half of four kept me interested. I will get to it soon because I have to see it through! Hopefully I like it enough.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hacks renewed for another season. I kind of loved how it ended but at the same time more Jean Smart.

jr/shotglass and garrow like this.
  7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Very odd. In the US version on HBO Max, Lethal White is season 4. I definitely watched S1 and S2 based on the first two books.

HC likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, I figure they're going to have to do some walking back on the finale.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Carnage to end S2 of Tehran.

Excellent season that allows for a S3.

Mark Eliyahu better win all the music awards.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Harington's roles since GoT probably suggest why he's down for this - Criminal in the UK, an episode of Modern Love, Marvel's Eternals, National Theatre Live's Henry V. Especially since HBO probably came with a big, 7 or 8-figure bag.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finished Season 3 of Barry. So dark but well done. The Ringer podcast that Hader does after each episode is a great companion to the show. He’s pretty open about the choices which they made and the reshoots which they had to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted