1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox drops the ball on first pitch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Jun 13, 2022.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

Deeply weird, but you have to assume it was clumsy cross-promotion for the NASCAR race the next day and not an anti-LGBTQ message, right?
    Does Jeopardy air on any Fox stations? Everywhere I've lived, it was always CBS or ABC, IIRC.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Misleading, but par for the course on Fox.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Only seen Jeopardy on ABC, never CBS, but I'm not an avid watcher.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It's on a relatively small number of Fox-affiliated stations. Denver is the largest, I believe.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

CBS distributes Jeopardy!, so that may play a factor on what stations get it. My impression is that it's more likely to be on the CBS station.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It has been on the Denver Fox station for at least five years, maybe longer. Before that, it was on the ABC affiliate.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I grew up with Wheel and Jeopardy on the same CBS channel and am weirded out when they are separated.

Chicago and Fort Wayne airing Jeopardy in the afternoon was weird to me, too.

As a kid I’d watch the Fort Wayne broadcast and then amaze visitors with my Jeopardy ability when the Toledo airing came on a couple hours later. Real Phil Connors shit.

BartonK and Donny in his element like this.
  9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

NBC in Detroit and Tampa

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's so many other ways Fox could have cross-promoted it. But to imply Busch threw out the first pitch? The crowd shots should have been a giveaway. No way Oracle is half-full for Giants-Dodgers. And would Busch's team really let him go down to San Francisco the day before the race? I doubt Jeopardy had much to do with it.

BartonK likes this.
  11. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

I'm also very surprised they thought they could get away with it.

12. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Facts and truth don't matter to FOX. It's finally drifted to their sports coverage.

Draft saved Draft deleted