1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Willis retiring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Mar 30, 2022.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Deserves a topic if only for the debates over "Die Hard" around Christmas.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Based on his recent work I thought he retired years ago but didn't tell anyone.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sounds like he's dealing with early Alzheimer's. Tough to be an actor if you can't remember your lines. Hate it for him.

Having something like that, knowing my mind is going, is my private horror. I'd probably check myself out if I were facing that reality.

wicked likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

All the headlines say retiring but the announcement says he's stepping away.

He's probably retired, but aphasia can be healed. So there is a chance he can come back. Wouldn't bet on it, though.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What debate? Die Hard is a Christmas movie and I won’t hear anything else.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

No wonder he sucks now!

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a weird thought, but how many scenes did Willis have with other people in Die Hard? He had one scene with Al at the end, two scenes with Hans, two scenes with Argyle and one scene in the office at the party, two with Holly - the rest is all him pretty much on a walkie-talkie or talking to himself. Must have been an odd shoot, doing so many scenes with no one to play off of.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The video that his family released this week was sad — granted, that’s based off watching one 15-second clip that was on one of the morning shows.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Two of my favorite writers wen that way.

Terry Pratchett refused to go quietly. He wrote until Reaper Man came for him.
    Terry Jones ws taken from the world by dementia. I don't know if it is in this video, Palin mentioned bringing some Monty Python books to Jones, who had no memory of contributing to them. He read them and told Palin he found them funny. "The parts he laughd at were the parts he wrote."

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If he's having trouble speaking, that's not Alzheimer's, that's frontotemporal dementia. My mom had the same effect and it was a long six-year sundown.

It's better just to get hit by a bus and get it over with, which is my preferred egress if presented with options.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

12. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Second ... and so is Die Hard 2 ... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted