1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dwayne Haskins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

But, hey, let’s not insult him by calling him a struggling quarterback.

BartonK and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

"Dwayne Haskins, a struggling husband juggling two women at once ... "

4. zufer

zufer Active Member

Never made that connection. The mustache threw me.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

wicked likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The third woman thing lends some more insight into the whole wife-kept-Dwayne-away-from-his-family thing. I’d like to know more there.

7. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

I'm a little surprised that nothing came out before this week about the heavy drinking the night before or the other woman. All I can figure is he wasn't famous enough in Miami for anyone to recognize him at whatever club he went to.

8. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

https://www.wpbf.com/article/dwayne-haskins-steelers-lawsuit-drugged-battery/43557827
    Haskins' family is suing everybody, including the drivers of the trucks that hit him, the trucking companies, the Florida Department of Transportation (for not having well-lit, clear sight lines on the highway), the rental car company that rented Haskins a car, every bar and club that he went to that night, and four people who allegedly drugged him.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Sue me if my first reaction was that his wife is going after anyone and everyone in a bid to get money, with no self-awareness (or care) of the role Haskins played in all this. This seems like an absurd over-reach and the kind of lawsuit that's become all too prevalent in this country, where people's mistakes are everyone else's fault. He wasn't drugged and dropped in the middle of the road and run over. He ran outta gas after a night of partying and then got hit by the truck as he walked to the gas station, or so the evidence seemed to say.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think it's SOP to sue everybody even tangentially connected to case. By no means is this an outlier.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're gonna sue everyone who so much as stood near him at the bar and let the judge decide how many of them the lawsuit sticks to. You never know when something will come out later. SOP.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But what if she is right about the blackmailing?

Draft saved Draft deleted