1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe now Merrick can subpoena MAGAstrianos phone records from January 6.

garrow and heyabbott like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

To Boomers , anyone younger than them qualifies as a "Millennial."

TigerVols and dixiehack like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've always thought the span for what some considered Boomers to be two broad. There is a definite difference between classic Boomers and Generation Jones.

4. DanOregon

If you remember graduating college debt-free, you're a boomer. If you obsess about how many followers you have, you are a millennial. If you don't give a shit - you're Gen X.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh, buddy. Gen X’ers in my neck of the woods are on Facebook and they have OPINIONS that weren’t heard in 1992 so need to be aired between Theory of a Deadman concert outings.

A lot of them are able to be used in their divorce and child custody hearings, too.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I bought and read that book when it came out. I remember identifying with much of it. But if you were born 60-64 but had elder classic boomer aged siblings you were more apt to identify with them. If you were born in the same time frame but are the eldest you pretty much ran from being IDd as a boomer in the 70s. We definitely came of age at a time when the American dream was a nightmare. Watergate. Oil embargo. Inflation. Carter. Iranian Hostage Crisis. Many recessions. Poor job markets. We were too young for Wall Street. St Elmo’s Fire was aspirational.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE, Mngwa and 2 others like this.
  7. DanOregon

Considering that she "birthed" him - I'm surprised Oprah hasn't weight in on Oz by now.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought the “if you remember” metric is the best demarcation for generations.
    JFK shot = boomer
    Vietnam ending + bicentennial = Gen x
    Challenger explosion = Gen X
    Saved by the Bell = Millennial

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

TigerVols and sgreenwell like this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yep. Even though they gave us the “Gen X” name.

Pretty good trick: Make being ignored the defining trait of the next generation, and then ignore them while you cling to power way past your expiration date.

Driftwood and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm actually finishing that book now. It's an interesting read.

Draft saved Draft deleted