1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The Canadiens won the draft lottery
    Devils move up to second
    Draft is in Montreal in July

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I won’t say the fix is in, like previous years, because Montreal was the worst team and deserves to draft first.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Literally don't know the answer to this and don't feel like looking it up, but when was the last time a Stanley Cup finalist from one year went to worst team in the league the next? I know last year's circumstances were uber weird, but it can't be a common occurrence.

4. Jake from State Farm

Devils move up
    That NEVER happens
    Fitzgerald was talking about trading the pick
    Doubt that happens now

Tighthead likes this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

They need help on the blue line desperately and it just takes too long for an 18-year-old defenseman to develop. I can definitely see them flipping the pick.

6. ChrisLong

I don't think Bettman gives a shit about New Jersey, like he does NYR, Mont., Tor. (JR will be along shortly to call me an idiot.)

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your conspiracies are idiotic.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Kings blow two two-goal leads with some crappy special teams play but score 1:12 into overtime to take a 3-1 lead.

EDIT: The series is 3-2 Kings. I guess I was caught in playoff euphoria.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Pretty much everyone on the Wild other than Kaprizov no-shows, and they give up a third-period natural hat trick to Tarasenko to lose a hinge Game 5 at home and will have to win on the road on Thursday night and again in a Game 7 on Saturday. Needless to say the natives are restless here in Minnesota.

10. ChrisLong

McDavid started the OT, but the Kings controlled the puck in the Oilers zone the whole time. Oilers finally got it out to center ice, but Kempe took it and brought it right back in before the Oilers could change. A minute-plus shift and McDavid was gassed. Kempe skated right around him, a defenseman, and Smith to score easily on the far side.
    Afterward, Kempe said he felt good, still had his legs. He didn't know that McDavid was out the whole time, but he did know that McDavid started OT and was the guy in front of him when he got the puck, so he figured McDavid might be tired.

11. Jake from State Farm

How about for Bertuzzi?

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There is no justice
    /BitterBayAreaFan

Draft saved Draft deleted