1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Feb 14, 2022.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Or they stink enough this year to get Stroud or Young.

2. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Brady should have opted for the studio - his looks cover up for a lack of insight. Not exactly a dynamic personality. Seriously, his radio bits with Jim Gray were brutal.

BartonK, garrow and Tighthead like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Brady has too many other fish to fry off the field for him to be anything but the dullest of analysts. He might make Brees look good.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Joe Montana 2.0

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

garrow and MileHigh like this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'd be curious about the details of that contract, because honestly that seems like a bad deal for both sides.

Fox would be overpaying. Hilariously.

At the same time, if I'm Tom Brady I'm not signing a ten year deal to do anything. What if he hates it? It's not like he can't get by on his other income.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The chances of Brady being better than Greg Olsen might be 50/50. Bu Brady is a lot more expensive. I would also guess that Brady's contract requires him to be the number one announcer. What if Fox finds the next John Madden. Madden was hired as the number four announcer at CBS. Fox can not move the guy into the number one chair.

Aikman and Buck are rumored to make 18-20 million at ESPN. I wonder why Fox did not match.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Both Fox Sports (show biz) and Brady (NFL) come from worlds where the reported numbers on contracts often don't match the real ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted