1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USFL 2.0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 3, 2021.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Two things I think he missed.
    1) Wait until the USFL finds its level before comparing it to F1 and Premier League.
    2) You have to consider the audiences. F1 and Premier League fans are pretty dedicated and I would guess a better demographic profile for advertisers.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know that it was a comparison so much as a list of what it was counter programming against, with varying degrees of success.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Well, that's a comparison. My suggestion was that total numbers of viewers might not be a good gauge of value at this time and that total viewers might might not account for the value of the audience to advertising.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Shrug. Maybe, not my field. My guess is that the market will tell them what the value is. If they get their asking price and sell out the ad time, then they won the bet. If not, it won't last too long.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

F1 doesn't have in-race advertising on ESPN, and I haven't watched the EPL enough to see what type of advertisers NBC is pulling in. I'm guessing that appeals to a much different — perhaps older — demo than glorified beer league football.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If anybody really cares about these games, Jeff Fisher should be fired before he gets to the locker room. And take Shea Patterson along with you.

7. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

I'll see your Jeff Fisher and raise you Kirby Wilson, who cut a player over their lunch order, lost 24-0 last week and has a team that's not even a little competitive.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No clue who is playing tonight, but thanks to them I had to pay $20 to park for my daughter’s recital next door. Bite me USFL!

Also, I passed half of the New Jersey Generals on the walk over.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Were they working the $20 parking lot?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They're charging $20 for parking? They should be paying people to come to the games.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's gotta be more than what they're charging for tickets.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Correct. $10 tickets, kids admitted free.

Word had it there was also a graduation next door at the BJCC. And north of the stadium is … let’s call it ungentrified, so you want to be close by.

Draft saved Draft deleted