1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Giants fan dislikes A’s. Film at 11.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hey you got that wrong; I worked in OAK for 30 yrs, starting with the Bash Brothers, and I enjoyed going to a full house in OAK with 50,000 others (firm had season tickets and I had to pay for my own); it was a gorgeous setting. Then the Raiders came back, they reconfigured the stadium and took away some beautiful outfield views. I enjoyed the Zito, Hudson, Mulder teams. I was even at the stadium when the As broke the record for consecutive wins at home (climax of Moneyball). I wanted them to get a new stadium and stay. But the way the current ownership has acted is just wrong.

Spartan Squad, maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Current ownership is acting to make excuses to move. It's a done deal.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My youngest son was born a few days before and he came home from the hospital the day of Murphy’s last game. I had the game on TV, but with no sound and had the radio on because I wanted my boy to be able to hear Murphy one time.

Unfortunately, he barely cares about baseball or any sports today. Oh well.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Murphy, Kiner and Nelson were there for my entire youth. You could practically taste the Cutty Sark coming from the booth. Then the Mets got McCarver, who I know was considered cool to rag on, but I thought he was fantastic in teaching about the sport.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

I went to a Yankees game when A-Rod was at 499 home runs with some family members and we sat in the lower left field corner. Right before A-Rod came to the plate, a mob of fans would come in from the back and fill the aisles. As soon as A-Rod got out, those fans beat a hasty exit until the next time he came to bat.

I remember being a bit annoyed wondering why the heck the ushers didn’t stop them from coming in our areas, especially considering how they would have German suplexed anyone who tried to get in the corporate seats.

A-Rod ended up homering the next day.

8. Baron Scicluna

I wasn’t aware that Rachel Phelps now owns the A’s.

maumann likes this.
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It’s what Georgia Frontiere did to the Rams. Tear down the team, blame the fans for not showing up then take a huge check from another city to move.

Baron Scicluna and maumann like this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Mets were 0-330 over the last 25 years when trailing by at least 6 runs going into the 9th inning.

Tonight, that changed.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

See also Montreal.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's a much bigger issue if they've been down 6 runs going into the 9th some 330 times in 25 years.

That's a whole lot of getting your ass kicked the last 25 years.

dixiehack, Fred siegle and MTM like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted