1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We started watching Julia on HBO Max. Completely enjoyable and well acted story of how Julia Child got on TV.

garrow likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Finished Ozark; quite a story arc and journey.

Also finished Tokyo Vice; interesting story; kind of a weird end, anti-climactic, actually thought it wasn't over. Not sure what they were going for.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Halfway through Episode 12. Wendy is a sociopath.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

We Own This City, next generation of The Wire. Many of the same faces. Got a ways to go to have half as many memorable characters. Jon Berenthal as Wayne Jenkins is a good start. Josh Charles is cast against his type as a nasty cop.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It's nice to see Jay Landsman and Mario Stanfield show up.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Completely agree on Tokyo Vice.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I have been longing (yes, longing) for years to see Forbrydelsen, the Danish series that The Killing was based on, and I have finally found a streaming service that has it. I'm five episodes in and hooked - it was not overhyped. As a bonus, they also have all 5 seasons of the original Swedish/Danish The Bridge that disappeared from Netflix. I'm a very happy little Nordic Noir fan.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    Neutral Corner, Tighthead and garrow like this.
  8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

This is information not an endorsement, but Netflix has a new Mike Myers series that is spun out of the So I Married an Axe Murderer universe.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Finished Ozark. Decent ending. An enjoyable series throughout.

John Prine's estate had a good year, with many of his songs appearing on Ozark and American Rust.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Neat

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Comcast is offering a free preview week of premium channels, so I'm binging "Mare of Eastttown." I almost gave up after the first episode, but I think it's growing on me.

Anything else I should try to squeeze in? I'm hoping to binge a season and be done, because I have no plans to add to my already massive cable bill.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Like everything else Netflix, I kind of assume it'll be a C+, B-, because they'll be the only people I've ever heard of in the cast, and because the episodes will be bloated and lack an editor. Recent phenomenon of this in a different genre - Is This Cake and Bullshit, two game shows, both feature 30 to 45 minute episodes, for some reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted