1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 30, 2022.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Jonathan Quick reverts to his 2012 and 2014 self and helps the Kings take a game in Edmonton. They will need him to keep it up and the Oilers to keep being the postseason Oilers to advance.

garrow and Liut like this.
  2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

For those of you that haven't followed St. Louis all that much and tune in: keep an eye on Robert Thomas. He's really come into his own this year. No doubt in my mind other general mgrs have asked about him the last couple of years. Doug Armstrong is to be commended for keeping him.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I've been sort of intrigued by Edmonton's underachievement over the last few years, what with the previous high picks. Will admit, though, that Taylor Hall in an Oilers' sweater already seems like a lifetime ago.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

How about Nail Yakupov?

Liut likes this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LMAO! That's a couple of lifetimes ago! Yakupov had a cup of coffee in St. Louis and I remember posting here something along the lines of a pairing of him with Ken Hitchcock was a timebomb ready to explode.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Every year I somehow forget that going from regular season to playoff hockey is like going from a AA battery to a nuclear plant. Even this Pens-Rangers game I’m watching just to kill time has my eyes bugging out.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don’t understand how bumping an attacker off his skates into the goalie is goaltender interference

8. dixiehack

No save Dave

9. dixiehack

Could someone maybe mentor Ryan Tannehill to become a goaltender by Thursday night?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was not prepared for 2OT in Game 1.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Nashville wasn't prepared for Game 1 at all. Down 5-0 before they even find their way on to a 2-digit cable channel.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. dixiehack

But on the bright side they didn’t trade Forsberg at the deadline, which means being left with jack crap when he walks this summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted