1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last jersey you bought

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Splendid Splinter, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

For me, maybe 08-09 a plain Braves replica, blank back.
    For my wife, about 10 years ago, I bought here a Hank Aaron sewn name and numbers jersey that sells for about $350 at the stadium. I bought it brand new for $50 on eBay. That thing was so hot it will still burn you if you touch it.

UNCGrad likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My one baseball jersey is a blank, blue Phillies throwback. A friend of mine gave it to me as a groomsmen's gift.

I have a few football jerseys, but I bought them in the 2000s so they're all aging now — a white Reggie Wayne Colts jersey; a green Brian Dawkins Eagles jersey; and a New Orleans VooDoo Arena League jersey that I bought off a clearance rack in New Orleans for $10 because, why the hell not?

Also have a 20-year-old white LSU No. 3. It started life as a Kevin Faulk jersey, and it's been fun over the years to see who's wearing No. 3 and who I'm paying tribute to at any given moment.

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

'87 or '88 ... real Lakers jersey of 32 for my all-time sports hero. Still have it.

Bought it at a shop down the street from the Forum on Manchester Boulevard.

[​IMG]

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mark Brunell.

Also the first jersey I bought.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heath Shuler No. 21 Tennessee, 1992 or 1993, Looks as silly on me as all jerseys do outside of the sporting arena.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not a Steelers fan in the least, but when the James Conner jerseys came out I grabbed one. Never worn, still in the closet with the tags on it, but I have it.

9. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

I am a Browns fan so my wife bought me a Baker Mayfield jersey a few birthdays ago. When I told her about the Deshaun Watson trade, she told me that she’d get me his jersey this year. That is how I found out that she doesn’t pay attention to news in the sports world.

10. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

I had Pete Johnson from that era. Love those Bengals unis when they first came out

Mngwa likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Only player-specific jersey I have was a Christmas gift. Derrick Henry light-blue Titans jersey from before they mucked up the numbers. Also was gifted a blank Preds jersey, white from the inaugural season.

The only ones I’ve purchased were one from the local USL side and a blue Arsenal jersey with O2 as the sponsor. That one was $10 at Unclaimed Baggage, so what did I care if it wasn’t my team.

Hockey pucks and soccer scarves are my sports merch weakness.

12. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

I am not a jersey guy. I think it's so silly that so many fans make a big deal about uniforms. That said, Patrick Mahomes inspired me to finally buy a jersey of his. In fact, I am such a big fan of what he's done for the Chiefs that I have two of his jerseys!

Draft saved Draft deleted