1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheating on my barber

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Jun 28, 2010.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

My wife cut my hair through the pandemic. We moved during the pandemic, so I didn't have to find a new barber for a while. I finally went to one that seemed OK, in an actual barber shop. Then I went back and they were no longer wearing masks.
    I'm sorry, but if you're going to be three inches from my nostrils and I can't wear a mask because I'm getting a haircut, you better be wearing one. So, we're back to my wife doing it in the backyard.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Just heard that my barber died of Covid. He was 66. I've been seeing him off and on since the late 1980s. In that time, I only got one bad cut and it was a day his father went into the hospital. I told him that years later and he felt bad and didn't charge me for that day's cut.
    It will be chain places for me from now on unless I find someone new.
    RIP Chuck

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, MTM.

Skimming through this thread reminded me of an old school barber shop I went to in the western burbs of Chicago, when I was a teenager. Typical old-timer shop with three chairs, fishing talk, WGN on the radio, etc.

Anyway, during a summer back home from college I went in there for the first time in a while. I was the only guy in there so the barber, in his 60s, tried to make small talk. Instead of the usual sports or weather small talk, he goes, “Seen any movies lately? I just saw ‘Basic Instinct’ and boy, that’s a hot one!”

Still cracks me up to think of Bill, this grandpa-type barber, going to see Basic Instinct.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted