1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have malignant salivary gland cancer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Feb 7, 2022.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the well wishes. Ive had a starcrossed existence here, ditto in life lol, bc im stubborn and combative, so confident in my opinions that it’s arrogant and makes enemies. As the wise saying goes, “People dont remember you for how you made them think; they remember you for how you made them feel.”

Case in point? An ostensible friend of mine, a former Marine (which I wholly respect) and an otherwise very intelligent person — went to Bronx Science HS, IQ off the charts — but he’s a full-on Trumper of the Mike Lindell persuasion, so Ive been putting a clown suit on him for the last few years, both on Facebook and in person. And I thought erroneously that he was actually digesting the fact he’d been conned by the Big Lie, a fact so apparent as to be farce.

He knows I have cancer, heard it from me, has never remotely reacted respectfully or sympathetically, which I attributed to people not knowing how to react. Who does?

But tonight i played trivia and darts as a last distraction before shit gets real with my 10 hour surgery on Tuesday. i bring him up to date, having surgery tuesday at yale. And he then proceeds to tell me im an idiot for trusting anyone from yale.

Yeah, bc Yale is apparently liberal and that’s bad.

Some people just self select themselves outta your life. He just did — bc he’s basically still too ashamed to admit he’s a Trump fool.

Educational and illuminating

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Echoing the thoughts of everyone else... sounds like you're in good hands. As NC said, use this place as a pick-me-up when you need one. We're all in your corner.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good luck with your surgery. Go Bulldogs!

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tangent: I’m now ready for Liberty to open a MAGA-approved school of “medicine” with Dr. Oz as the dean and see who is really ‘bout that life when it truly matters.

OscarMadison and Tighthead like this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Good luck CD, we’re here for you afterwards.

lakefront and ChrisLong like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Good luck with the surgery.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Hoping teh libs pwned your cancer, my man

JakeandElwood and dixiehack like this.
  9. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

CD Boogie, Thinking of you and hoping the outcome for tomorrow's surgery is uneventful. Best to you.

Dyno, dixiehack and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Best wishes, CD.
    And Boola Boola!

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Best wishes, CDB. I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow.

Only thing I know about that kind of shit is that Brett Butler had it during his playing career. He got permission to have a bottle of water with him in the field.

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Good luck and best wishes.

Draft saved Draft deleted