1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Insert airline here) sucks running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah. Domestic, I try to keep it to a carry-on if possible. But a checked bag comes with the standard economy fare for the trip to London on British Airways, so I might as well take advantage of it. Means I can pack my steel-tip darts, anyway.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Depends on where I'm going and how long I'm staying, where I'm connecting and how tight the connection is. If I've got a lot of airport time, I prefer to do it without a bag.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was in Miami last weekend and have never seen a bigger shit show than trying to go through security at MIA yesterday. The line without TSA Precheck or Clear was about 2 hours. Luckily, I had Precheck but 2 of the guys I traveled with didn’t and they signed up for Clear in order to make their flights.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

When I lived in South Florida, I flew out of MIA once, and only because I was headed to Anchorage. Otherwise, it was always Fort Lauderdale. MIA has been a mess for decades.

Liut, maumann and playthrough like this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We use it occasionally, and it's actually, I find it better than it used to be. But, my brother flew into Miami about 20 years ago and had never been to South Florida. Didn't know what was going on, where to go and could not find anyone in the airport willing to speak English to him.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I have a ClubGlove travel bag for my sticks. I've found that if I take a smaller carry (golf) bag, I can put my clothes in the travel bag, too.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I use MIA for international. It's not bad, especially because American is the dominant carrier there and that's where I have status. Palm Beach for domestic travel. I've never liked Fort Lauderdale airport that much.
    The first time I flew to MIA though, I had to get on a prop plane to go to Key West. They boarded all the puddlejumpers in one area in the basement. People were carrying a lot of weird stuff out to the islands. I imagined that it must've looked like Port-au-Prince airport.

Liut likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I flew Spirit from BWI to Orlando in May for a three-day weekend and didn't detest it as much as I expected.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I've flown JetBlue for years and never had a major issue, except once — quite frankly, I was too tired to care about a two-hour delay and bedlam in the terminal, I just wanted to pass out. Watch me jinx myself.

I flew on Spirit from LA to Pittsburgh a few years ago and I had no issues. My carry-on met the size limit and it was an easy four-hour flight. Then again I usually travel with just a backpack and don't check anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted