1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials we love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Jan 17, 2021.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Welp. now my recommended videos are nearly all commercials. I liked this one.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do enjoy pretty much all the Progressive ads - they mix them around so much (Flo, Dr. Rick or some other rando) you actually notice them. But this one always struck me because I tried to figure out the stadium. This hills say "West" but you can eliminate most LA, Vegas, Phoenix and others...turns out it was the Rose Bowl with CGI.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I DEMAND MORE WALTER

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Fun fact: the building he's wheeled out of is the old LA Times building in DTLA.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

When you watch the Budweiser commercial Sunday, I recommend having a Kleenex nearby. A box. And then, after the commercial, you will then go outside and hit something. Or build a shed by yourself. Or lift a car. Or something.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmm. Scarlett.
    I believe Johansson is Swedish for Box of Cheez-It.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I’ll probably have the box of Kleenex there already for the Scarlett Johansson commercial.

TMI?

By the way, I was having trouble ID’ing the other brunette in AT&T’s Super Bowl ad with Mila Kunis. Shocked to find out it’s Demi Moore. Must’ve had some serious work done!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    Chef2 and I Should Coco like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CNN just played this. It's a year and a half old but hadn't seen it till now. Ate my guts.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Love? No. But Lamar finally made me chuckle.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I had no idea that was a Ball kid. Only the fifth time I saw the commercial did I realize that was the Ball dad, so it must be a Ball kid. I had no idea which one.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I recognize maybe one percent of celebrities/star athletes who show up in commercials.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted