1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Book of Boba Fett Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Octave, Dec 30, 2021.

1. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Maybe I'm being silly here, but with the CGI so much better, is there a chance we may see a whole new Disney series on a particular character from this past episode? I'd like to think it's possible.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I guess it's possible, but that seems unlikely.

On a related topic, am I the only one who didn't care for the look of the character who was introduced near the end of the episode?

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't know really anything about that character at the end. Apparently from one of the animated series?

As for a lot more of the big CGI character, not sure they'd go that way. If a whole series is involved, probably be better to recast.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think most of the non-humanoid characters work best out of focus, or animated. A lot of the CGI stuff still has an "uncanny valley" feel to it for me.

5. outofplace

I don't mean that it wasn't a good translation from animation. I just thought it looked crappy.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If Grogu chooses the armor, you might see his teacher return him to Mando... and if that's on Tatooine you might see some additional muscle step in to help whup up on the Pyke Syndicate.

AreaMan likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

I kind of wonder... Are we headed toward some kind of Luke-Boba reckoning? While Boba kind of "died" because of a freak occurrence, it was instigated by Luke's assault on Jabba's palace.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Episodes five and six are great. Mando saying “wizard” was a nice in joke.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Rob Bricken at io9: “(O)n screen Boba was a chump in the original trilogy, so him continuing to be a chump in The Book of Boba Fett makes sense. All he successfully managed to accomplish in the former was track Han Solo to Bespin then deliver his carbonite form to Jabba, then get knocked off the skiff into the Sarlacc pit by an accidental swing of a staff by the blind Han Solo. Boba Fett absolutely looked cool and acted cool—there’s a reason people still love him—but he accomplished almost nothing in his limited amount of screen time. He called Vader and delivered a package, then accidentally and ignominiously died. … The truth is the cool, badass Boba Fett fans have always dreamed of seeing on-screen is nothing more than a myth, both in the Star Wars universe and in ours. Maybe the streak will be broken in tomorrow’s finale and Fett will end up kicking ass, but the truth is, he’ll still be the man who very nearly got himself eaten by the Sarlacc pit twice. There’s only one word written in his book, and it’s this: chump.”

I can’t disagree. Boba Fett wasn’t particularly interesting in the original movies and didn’t really grow a reputation until the old Expanded Universe novels. Most of the interesting parts of those stories have been grafted onto Din Djarin.
    The rest of it won’t happen in the new stories because it involves Fett training Jaina Solo to fight and kill her twin brother, who went full-blown Sith Lord.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

I can understand that reasoning... but if that's your interpretation of the character, why bother making a show about him? Kind of similar as to how Lucas made the Jedi tax collectors and government agents, essentially, in the prequel trilogy. Rule of Cool should always be kept in mind. We wanna see Boba Fett kicking some ass, or preparing to kick some ass.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Jedi were Pinkertons. #PalpatineWasRight

12. outofplace

We sort of got to see a bit of that when he appeared on The Mandalorian. We haven't seen enough of it in his own series. (To be fair, I haven't watched the latest episode yet.)

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted