1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deputy Regional Sports Editor - Raleigh

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Matt Stephens, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Backstory?

Pretty sure the same person who accused Natalie of plagiarism made the same accusation of two other Black sports reporters from the same paper of the same thing.

Maybe do YOUR homework next time, Slacker.

ChadFelter likes this.
  2. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Nobody cares

RonClements likes this.
  3. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Black reporter criticized on this board. Chad Felter: “You all have it out for Black reporters.”

Woman reporter criticized on this board. Chad Felter: “You all have it out for woman reporters.”

White male reporter criticized on this board. Chad Felter: “Gee golly I haven’t been on this board in months, que pasa?”

RonClements likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Backstory?
    Dude, she set her car on fire.
    While she was still sitting inside it.

I might have a few questions about that.

RonClements likes this.
  5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Um yeah. I mean come on. Plagiarism and set her car on fire with herself in it. Yikes. And somebody on this board is throwing a race card over that? Unbelievable.

RonClements and HanSenSE like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She has been very public about addressing her mental health issues, and the "crazy shaming" y'all are doing... just stop. That's why people don't talk about the stuff in the first place.

Stick to the plagiarism.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I think the fire incident can be chalked up to a tragic case where she was trapped in a horrible domestic abuse situation.

But the plagiarism, which seems to be pretty well spelled out in the below link, and which she apologized for but still seems to be trying to deflect the blame away from her for, is fair game. Especially when hired for an editing/coaching job.

And it has nothing to do with race.

Florida State Beat Writer Resigns After Plagiarism Charges

RonClements likes this.
  8. Fdufta

Fdufta Member

Yeah I agree with the previous two commenters, wholeheartedly. The former is out-of-bounds, none of our business, the latter is what the concern may be.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Definitely agree with the second paragraph.

RonClements and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  10. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

The statement she issued about resigning because of the climate in the newsroom was the wrong approach.
    Also, what happened with the car and why she did what she did, she will have the physical and emotional scars for the rest of her life. It doesn't need to be litigated here.
    There are probably more than a couple people currently working or who frequent this board who have mentally snapped but don't show a scratch or physical reminder and no one knows.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted