1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese tennis star missing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Nov 19, 2021.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Nothing to see here, folks. Just some good-faith investigative reporting by state media. Let's all go back to getting hyped for the Winter Olympics and cease meddling in China's internal affairs.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Would be great to see country after country start boycotting the Olympics.

3. rubenmateo

rubenmateo Active Member

I’d love to see it, too, but only if the Olympics then get moved and not canceled. Athletes shouldn’t get screwed over here when ultimately the Olympics are for them most of all, and none of this is their fault.

PaperDoll and OscarMadison like this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You can't just up and move them in two months. But a mass boycott would be nice to see.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd like to see something organic from the athletes that really diminishes these Olympics

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You just know that the Chinese have already made plans to trot her out during the Opening Ceremony just to say “See? Here she is! She’s fine! Nothing to see here!”

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

First she'll light the flame, then they'll throw her in.

8. rubenmateo

rubenmateo Active Member

Right, it would have to be a postpone to 2023 and move it situation.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, at least the NBA didn’t bow to the China apologists. Oh, wait ...

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My guess is that there will be a mass boycott of athletes from all over the world, starting soon. Gonna get ugly for China.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I remember the anger directed at Carter for boycotting the 1980 Olympics by the athletes. And that was a boycott for invading a whole country. I think Olympic athletes are to self absorbed to want to boycott. I think that level of self absorption is almost a requirement in order to have the discipline and motivation to be an Olympic athlete.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted