1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beef, it's what's for dinner. And breakfast. And lunch. And dinner again...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 2, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...ad infinitum.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/derek-nance-raw-meat_n_4023019.html

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Dang. I like beef, chicken, pork and whatever, but that dude is fucking crazy.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

But does he think he's better than everyone else? :D

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In a related note, his plumber has the nicest house in town.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I get that the guy has some in ability to process carbs, but I still don't understand why he can't actually cook his food.

A couple of other interesting tidbits from the story, he does eat roadkill, including possum, and his girlfriend is vegan. He also tried to go vegan before making the switch to the raw meat diet -- from one extreme to the other.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The buried lede is he does not have money for a stove.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Take away the blood and bone marrow and you have my cousin who has been on Atkins for the last two years. :D

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Went for a long walk this afternoon, to work on those manboobs, and toward the end I stopped at a spot on Pico near Robertson, first time, unsure what they even made, but I was starving, so I asked the guys at the counter and one of them recommended the corned beef brisket dip. On the menu it's described as: Marinated one week and 24 hour slow roasted hand carved corn beef brisket served with peppercorn au jus. That whet my whistle so I ordered it. Best decision I've made in a while, and one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. Fresh roll and the brisket practically melts in your mouth with so much flavor. The au jus was excellent too.

20211203_151250 copy.jpg

maumann, swingline, ChrisLong and 6 others like this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I bet it was the Carvery Kitchen? It’s the bomb and should be a chain!!!

MileHigh and Songbird like this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I did a double take when I opened this thread and saw a post by Mizzougrad96 then quickly realized how old the thread is.

Looks delish.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

California brisket sounds to me as alien as Texas subway tokens. Of course, I'm sure it's yummy.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

California tri tip.

2muchcoffeeman and Songbird like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted