1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Now ... take a syllable out of the word "oil" ...

Batman likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If LSU makes bowl games the next two years, 27 would be in Vegas against LSU. If LSU only makes one bowl game, 27 would be against Rice. I could see him losing to Rice at home and getting turfed.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Randy White grew up less than 10 miles from my childhood home in Delaware, then went to Maryland. Two years with the Cowboys and in interviews he sounded like Ernest Tubb.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe the worst part is that people in South Louisiana don't really speak with Southern accents. You have to (ironically) head north a bit before it becomes the dominant accent. New Orleans and Cajun country in Southwest Louisiana have their own very distinct accents, and everything between LaPlace and Lafayette is a mix of those two and a bit of Southern.
    Everything south of I-12 and Hammond is its own little world in a lot of respects.

franticscribe and dixiehack like this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This looks like fun.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not losing five out of six to your rival when said rival is at its lowest ebb in three decades would be a starting point.

Big Circus likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Oregon can’t outbid sad sack Miami then the Uncle Phil money spigot has rusted shut.

franticscribe and garrow like this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What an awkward position. Oregon has the right to insist on a buyout from Miami. But what if Miami can’t come up with that cash? Is Oregon going to hold a guy in place if he says he wants to go home to be with his dying mother? Negotiations ensue. Awkward.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has bothered to mention it but Maryland hit the eject button on DJ Durkin this morning.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe USC can donate proceeds from one of Lincoln Riley’s old places back in Norman to further clear the path for him out west.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that Lane Kiffen has not turned up in the middle of the rumor mill yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted