1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How has the left let it come to this?

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That stinks, @bigpern23
    @Songbird, sorry to read that. Missing milestones truly sucks.

To everyone traveling (or not) please be safe.

Not celebrating. Not sympathetic either. Every time someone like that dies, it's one less person to misinform people and lead them to their deaths.

You're on a sports journalism board and you're throwing shade at anime? Really?

I didn't picture you having manboobs.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I didn’t picture me having manboobs either once upon a time. A little sympathy for your message board brethren please.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

With the new rules saying you need a PCR test within 24 hours of your flight back to the U.S., we are wondering where we will be able to get a test turned around that quickly in France. Assuming it will somehow be doable, I would be a little wary of a Sunday return flight. ... means you will need someone to test you on Saturday and turn it around by Sunday.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

1. These are Democratic pockets in the state.
    b. Wouldn't the people in these counties be more inclined to be vaccinated, be more inclined to wear masks regardless of mandate, and just be more "COVID fearful" anyway?
    iii. Assuming b. is true, I believe that accounts for the numerical differences (15 cases per 100,000 vs. 21 cases per 100,000) far more than the "mandate."

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He showed us who knew better……..

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not so much manboobs as muscles that haven't been exercised in a month. It's why one shouldn't start lifting if they're not going to stick to a program.

I also blame the amount of milk I drink.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to know how this discrepancy compares to other urban-rural divides nationally.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Plumbers came to my home today. I wore a mask. They did not. I’m a bit perturbed. Also confused. This county still has an indoor mask mandate — unenforceable of course — in grocery stores etc. Isn’t this a strange business practice ?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My late brother-in-law had a plumbing and heating business that we sold to three guys who had effectively been running the day-to-day operations. Had lunch with them last month about some things (we backed the loan) and they were talking about the mask mandate coming for companies with 100 or more employees (they have about 140). Said they think they are about 25 percent vaccinated and they've talked with others in the construction business and it's about the same and they're all worried if the 100-employee company mandate goes into effect of what would happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted