1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My wife is scheduled to travel to Madrid in the spring for a big conference. We’re both vaxxed, but that still feels uncomfortable.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Supposed to take a trip to Mexico in January. Still planning on it as of now. We're both fully vaxx'd and boosted. Not really so concerned about getting really sick if we somehow get a breakthrough case (so far at least, not enough data on Omicron).

The big concerns are the logistics of getting a PCR test one day before flying back, and getting stuck there for 10 days if one or both of us tests positive.

Gonna decide in the next few weeks if it's worth it.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Went for another long walk, meandering really, and found myself on Beverly Boulevard behind the Beverly Center.

Walked past a free covid testing kiosk. Turned around and decided to get my first test even though I have 3 Moderna jabs.

The nurse was gentle. It took 13 minutes to get the PCR result -- negative -- and the antigen results will arrive within 3 days.

[​IMG]

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I can't explain why, but that may be the most California picture ever shot.

Songbird, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Joe Cocker seen on Beverly Boulevard. When asked how he got the test, Cocker said, "She came in through the left-side nostril."

In all seriousness, glad to see you're negative. That's a positive.

OscarMadison and Songbird like this.
  6. Songbird

Here's a dilly ... the antigen (rapid) test result wasn't updating on the website.

I started comparing photos and come to see that the negative result the nurse showed me was somebody else's. Jesus Fucking Christ. 58047 isn't me.

263170283_10159531831854371_5750716752037156610_n.jpeg

Called the company and got thru to a human who punched in my info and confirmed that my antigen test was negative so that was nice.

But she said the PCR results are what I should be waiting for because PCR tests are sent to the lab for deeper analysis.

qtlaw and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeesh.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

South Park just writes itself sometimes.

SFIND, TowelWaver, swingline and 3 others like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. Songbird

How do you pronounce Biacsics?

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Butthead

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted