1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 14 thread -- Championship edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

If you've followed sports for the last 40 years, you shouldn't be surprised to see a committee that does something illogical and senseless.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That surprises me. Neith UT nor OU or the Big 12 have anything to gain by them staying put. And the Big 12 needs to get those four new members in ASAP.

Probably what happened is, the Big 12 would take a huge hit in its TV contract and wont let them leave early.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's fine by me. Let them stay and be punching bags for a few years. Whether the refs actually screw them over for it or not, they'll think so with every flag thrown on them. Boo hell out of them at every road game. Chant "SEC! SEC!" every time they lose. Make them eat dirt. They'll start pushing ESPN to get off of their wallet and fix it.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Mike Leach would be either the best or worst person to do college football on TV if he ever chose to do so, which he probably wouldn't.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And just what everyone was screaming for ... another bowl game!

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And it’s in Texas, so they can’t abort it later if they change their minds.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It’s the Roe vs. Wade Bowl, sponsored by Planned Parenthood and Operation Rescue.

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Now, I know the answer is, because TV, but Hawaii has been playing all year at a small on campus stadium all year since Aloha Stadium was shuttered. And no spectators due to covid.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think there was also a situation where I think there was going to be exactly one bowl-eligible team that didn't get picked and they didn't want to embarrass them or something.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Seems a no-brainer that North Texas would be the home team.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Have it at Jerry World. And of course it's an ESPN property. They make another kind of bowl?

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted