1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 26, 2021.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Colorado really overachieved this year to go 4-8. They only had seven turnovers all year and had four return touchdowns. I don't think they duplicate that next year.

The Buffs only averaged 257 yards a game in total offense. They fired the offensive coordinator and the offensive line coach. They appear to have no idea what they are going to do on offense next year. Which means they will be quite unlikely to recruit a better quarterback and some offensive linemen. So if you can find an over/under of 3.5 or more I think you will be fine with the under.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    MileHigh likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Baton Rouge must have a vibrant theatre scene. Who knew?

3. tapintoamerica

In his Zoom statement, he speaks of burnout but proceeds to say that "the last week" has "clarified" his conviction that he needs to take a break.
    Translation: "At least now I can make a plausible claim of voluntary escape. Some get to do this by taking other, better jobs. The rest of us have to speak in platitudes and express wonder at what's next."

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Very cosmopolitan.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

My best guess: Somebody who won't make the players "earn" their preferred jersey numbers. That stuff is a recruiting competitor's dream.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It's UVA. They play in the ACC. I really don't know what they're expecting.

8. tapintoamerica

For the coach not obsessed with winning a national title, that's a good gig. The institution doesn't define itself by its football team, which means two things: 1) You won't win the playoff; 2) You won't get fired for failing to qualify for the playoff.
    You'll still be well paid and expectations won't be absurd. The president's office won't be sending emails for mandatory Zoom calls because you went 7-5 or 8-4 again.
    Perspective is a decent thing.

Neutral Corner and wicked like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That would probably be an ideal job for Joe Moorhead.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Hearing a lot more about Georgia DC Dan Lanning emerging as a serious candidate for Oklahoma. If that were the case it would make sense that they are waiting until after Saturday to make an announcement.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yup.

"What WE are hearing is that an announcement is not likely to come out of Norman until after the championship games Saturday. We are also hearing increasing chatter about Luke Fickel being "high" on their radar, especially after ND hired their man yesterday. Also, we are hearing that Georiga DC Dan Lanning is on their radar--and will probably get an interview if he has not already."

Updated: Dabo Swinney, Brent Venables and Oklahoma Sooners

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That’s a fan nation site. I wouldn’t put their sources much higher than yours.

Draft saved Draft deleted