1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Stop horsing around. This isn't funny.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hay now ...

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Are we going to be doing puns furlong?

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The Times article ,said it was unclear about which test they're going to require/

If it's the quick anti-gen one, that's doable. I've had a 12-hour turn around on a PCR test but that's pushing it.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

My understanding is the spike is unchanged, so I don't get what makes this more invasive.

There is 'theory' batted about that this strain resided within somebody or somebodies for an extended period of time, and it is fixing to party as it were.

Best luck to those travelling, and those affected.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I spent nearly as much time waiting in the drive through at Walgreens to get the test as it did to process the results today. I figured I’d be doing well to know results (negative BTW) before lunch tomorrow.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. swingline

Got the youngest her first vax shot today. She snuggled up and held my hand while getting the shot, which is pretty damn sweet. Second one scheduled for after Christmas, after which the whole household will be fully vaxed. Oh, happy day.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Long before omicron, I was pretty well resigned to writing off air travel deeply into 2022.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    Dyno likes this.
  10. swingline

My wife is flying back from NOLA today. Her job has her flying every month, all over the country. I’m planning to go to Vegas in January and New Orleans in February while she tacks on a few days after her conferences end. It will be the first time I’ve flown in four or five years.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

In September I flew EWR-LAX to a trade show, then LAX-SEA and SEA-EWR. I observed 99.9% of people in the airports masked. I would have few qualms about flying now.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

No qualms, but I understand the skittishness. Just double-protect. I don't believe in luck but it is an unmistakable element of this, so I try to get the luck to work in my favor.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted