1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 26, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Guys being Dudes on the unemployment line.

3. MileHigh

And this is what took CSU so long.

Liut likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was writing something about all of the coaching changes this year, and found a remarkable stat. Out of 130 FBS jobs, 62 -- almost half -- have turned over since 2020. Eighty have turned over since 2019. And that's as of today. I'm sure we'll add a few more to the total in the next couple of weeks.
    Only 10 have been in their current jobs longer than eight years.
    It's the life these guys have chosen, but that's still pretty damn brutal.

maumann likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’ll miss Addazio. Betting under the win total for Colorado and Colorado State is usually good business.

Roscablo and MileHigh like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Columbia, Fordham, Hofstra have football teams that play closer to Broadway or does fat stupid Kelly not have a clue where Broadway lights are located? Porky Pig Kelly had no self awareness, but neither does anyone in his profession.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's almost to the point that the shame isn't in being fired, but being fired without cashing a huge buyout. Because then you did something bad on top of just losing games.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Black Ron Zook is watching this all thinking, “damn, can I renegotiate my renegotiation?”

wicked likes this.
  10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

11. MileHigh

Times are tough in Fort Collins. Get fired, scoot down to Commerce City and stick up a convenience store.

csu.jpg

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It worked for Larry Shyatt at Wyoming in basketball. He bolted after a year for Clemson - got sued - but came back, years later, and had a nice little run in Laramie for a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted