1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Congratulations. You are the first person in human history to have gaslit themself.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I heard of an acrophyal college story. Dude tried to "gaslight" himself by lighting his own fart and the flame went up in him and crisped his intestine.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

LOL. I saw one of those clickbait articles yesterday that featured someone getting a text that went to the wrong person. "Billy's back in the ER. He burned his butthole again." "This is the wrong number, but keep me posted. I hope he's ok".

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Every fucking word concerning Fatfuck's status in regards to COVID must be considered bullshit.
    As well as every word concerning his status in regards to sexually transmitted diseases and parasites.

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

If Brett Kavanaugh votes to overturn Roe v Wade, after saying under oath he considered it settled law, can he not be removed from the bench for lying under oath?

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Waiting in line at the gas station
    Paying higher prices
    'Cause of the Biden inflation
    The man in the red hat hurries by
    As he catches the poor old lady's eye
    Just for fun he says, "let's go Brandon"

That's just the way it is
    Some things will never change
    Ah, but don't you believe them

Said, hey little boy you can't go where the others go
    'Cause you don't think like we do
    Said, hey old man you all tell yourselves
    You see empty store shelves
    Did you really not remember
    The former guy?

Well, they passed a law in '21
    To build more roads and bridges
    But it only goes so far
    Because the law don't change another's mind
    When they ignore the fact
    Their hero wanted that law before

And some things will never change

maumann and Woody Long like this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I don’t think she announced, but Maura Healy has been eyeing the Governor’s office. I would think she has the inside track in the Democratic primary. No idea who the GOP would run.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Maura Healey will run. The last couple times a Democrat AG has run for MA governor haven't gone too well, though.

Everyone thought the state would collapse when Bill Weld and then Charlie Baker won their races. Geoff Diehl’s biggest issue isn’t the Trumpism, it’s that that loudmouth John Dennis is his biggest supporter. And the overwhelmingly D legislature still holds most of the power in the state, anyway. Diehl was a state rep and he knows how the game is played.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If one is a conscientious executive, as Baker is, being a governor of a reasonably big state is a hard job, infinitely more hard in a pandemic. It's only easy if you're a sociopath like Cuomo or a blowhard fascist like DeSantis. It wouldn't have to be so dramatic as fear of Alzheimer's. If Baker's just tired after eight years on the job at age 65, that'd be a good reason for leaving, too. Winning the Republican primary would've been easy. Half the registered voters in the state are independent, and they can vote in either party's primary. Only one-sixth are registered Republicans. Those are your Trumpist diehards. There just aren't very many of 'em.

Draft saved Draft deleted