1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FileNotFound, Oct 4, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Tiger Woods won the 2008 U.S. Open on a broken leg.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wasn't it a stress fracture? Of all the myths in golf, I think this one is the most overplayed.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Schilling's post-retirement bullshit has swung me from being 100% certain he was pitching on torn and bloodied ankle to being pretty close to 100% certain he faked the blood. Nobody in that room could stand him, but the omerta of the big league clubhouse is impenetrable so nobody's gonna rat on him (except maybe Doug Mirabelli, who backtracked pretty quick). He was definitely pitching on a torn ankle, but given Schilling's penchant for drama and how hot that Red Sox-Yankees rivalry was running, I don't doubt some of the details of the suturing were exaggerated for effect. I remember Jon Heyman writing the Schilling ankle presser was the longest and dullest presser in history.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The first one MAY be after the actual surgery. The second is the one shown at the time , that was apparently done in the clubhouse. he is an ass. upload_2021-10-27_18-19-56.jpeg [​IMG]

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And, the reply.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don’t think it can be overstated what Fried is did for his team right now just getting into the sixth after that second inning. I think Dave Roberts started calling his bull pen coach just watching that

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yeah, that was ballsy. Very impressive. Braves have got some real studs everywhere.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's a shame that Roger Goodell is such a spineless shill and weasel, otherwise Manfred would get more credit for being a horrible commissioner.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We should all be terrified that we're one major Adam Silver gaffe away from Gary Bettman being the best commissioner in North American pro sports.

playthrough likes this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Not after this week.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is a pretty insane stat.

https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/2021-world-series-crazy-streak-john-smoltz

Guy_Incognito likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted