1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

48 hours since Moderna Booster and happy to say only the dead arm is a result, as that wimp Max Scherzer would say.

Shot 2 fucked me up for a day. Much different this time.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Man's gotta have goals.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

In a year or two I wouldn’t be shocked if we’ll get a cocktail of the three as a booster.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Arm actually hurts like a motherfucker right now, which is in tune with my first two shots. No other issues. Yay science. The CVS guy said to me as he was jabbing me, 'hopefully this is the last one.' Agree, bro.

OscarMadison, lakefront and Driftwood like this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

How are some of you getting boosters? I'm not eligible to get a Pfizer booster based on age and other factors.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I haven’t gotten a booster yet (just cleared the 6-month mark this week) but I’m eligible based on having rheumatoid arthritis. There’s a pretty long list of health conditions, and I don’t know how vigorously those are being vetted anyway.

OscarMadison and MileHigh like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cleared the 6-month mark and Long Beach is giving them out like candy. I was second in line Saturday morning.

And I still don't feel quite right. Maybe one more night of decent sleep will do it.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Got my second dose in mid-April and was considered to have underlying conditions—I.e. overweight. So six months out. Virginia uses BMI for that determination so there were a lot of perfectly healthy weight people who qualified. No reason not to take advantage of my beer habit. Ha.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I got mine because I’m at increased exposure from work. I teach in a room with up to 45 kids for 90 minutes at a time. They didn’t too many questions when I signed up but the bouncer very politely asked which category I fall into since I am young. Just said teacher and got waved in.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I clicked on a bubble that said "education" to describe my work sector and that's apparently all that was required. I didn't have to tell them that I don't work directly with students very often.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I don't feel I need it, but perhaps I'll just fib and go get it. I got my second shot on April 29 so I'm more than six months out.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I spend too much time at bars and mixing with the public. The more protection, the better.

Hermes, OscarMadison and MileHigh like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted