1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Birx could author a book on reputation laundering.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Not happy to read y'all have had issues with the booster. Sorry for the pain and glad it seemed to pass quickly. The second one left a palm-sized bruise on my bicep and left me crawling to my computer work.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right and reading the citations you gave sent me down a fun tangent looking at case law. Looks like the court doesn't like straight coercion to achieve an end but South Dakota v. Dole does recognize the need "for the general welfare" to say how some things are spent and there are "not prohibitions on congressional attempts to achieve federal objectives indirectly." So basically it's 80-20 no coercion-allowable coercion. It's how we ended up with the 21-year-old drinking age but we can't force farmers to grow certain things or the medicaid expansion.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I had always thought that Texas invented go-cups. But then I was told it was Florida. But Texas had the first drive-thru liquor stores.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I had a stronger reaction to the booster but it was a 24-hour affair of feeling dopey and vaguely ill. Another night's sleep and I woke up fine.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I felt like I had 50 percent of the flu for 36 hours. My arm hurt worse from the flu shot than the booster, strangely. My wife just had arm pain and extremely dry eyes.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What about Phoenix, Arizona?

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Missouri — and my hometown in particular — has had a drive-thru liquor store for at least 60 years.

Just south of the sale barn.

ChrisLong likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I got my booster yesterday and haven't felt poorly from it. I haven't felt super all day, but I'm certain it's because it's been 48 degrees and raining most of the day, not the shot. The injection area has been as sore as anything.
    When I got the first two shots in January, they both gave me a day of relapse of mild COVID symptoms.
    I'm about 29 hours since my booster and feel ok.*

Other than it's 48 degrees and raining!

lakefront likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The Outer Banks has a chain of establishments called Brew Thru.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dry heat.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don’t know who invented the go cup, but Louisiana perfected them.

Inky_Wretch and ChrisLong like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted