1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The booster is hitting me differently than the first 2 shots which didn't affect (effect?) me physically.

I'm tired and fatigued and unmotivated to do anything of consequence beyond the bare minimum.

I lifted this morning yet still feel like I'm stuck in a big wad of bubble gum. And the headaches I've had for 2 weeks won't go away.

But the chicken burrito I'm eating right now is tasty so at least I've got an appetite.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Got the booster today. Had no trouble with either of the first two shots so I'm hoping this will complete the hat trick.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Same strategy was employed in inducing states to raise their drinking ages to 21 if I remember correctly.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I got the flu shot and Pfizer-3 at the same time. Flu shot was a breeze. The Pfizer shot felt like she was using a drill bit. I actually said, "Ouch" and I usually don't even flinch when I get shots. But it didn't hurt much right after. About 2 days of muscle pain, which I'm used to because I have a turn rotator cuff that is causing biceps tendinitis, right in the same place as the shots. No other symptoms.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And also to force Montana to impose speed limits on its interstate highways.

7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Good news for us parents of 5 to 11-year olds…the FDA committee voted to approve the Pfizer vaccine for that age group today. There are a couple of other procedural steps to clear, but according to this (very detailed and technical) article, the adolescent version of the vaccine could be ready for the public as early as the end of next week.

Vaccines for 5-11 year olds: FDA meeting cliff notes

Brooklyn Bridge and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But MUH FREEDUM!!

The drinking age here was raised to 21
    On Jan. 1, 1979. I didn't turn 21 until September -- no grandfather clause.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Texas was the last state in the U.S. to implement a law that made an open alcohol container in a vehicle illegal. Every Texan thought it was his God Given Right to drive with a beer between his legs to keep his nuts cool. It took the Congress threatening to pull all federal highway money to force them to do it.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It is. It gets hot here, dawg.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I lived in Houston for twelve years. You don't have to sell me. Open container law didn't keep me from doing it afterward, either.

I had two hardcore running buddies that I went fishing and hunting with a lot. We measured distances in six packs. "Well, it's most of a sixpack from here to San Antone..."

Inky_Wretch, garrow and doctorquant like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I thought it was just me. Thought it was the guy giving me the shot. Other two, I didn't feel a thing, but the third one actually hurt and it took a week for my arm to feel normal again.

Draft saved Draft deleted