1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ricky Gervais Thing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jan 6, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The greatest beneficiary of the weird night was Renee Zelwegger - could have been a triumphant moment for her, capping a comeback - instead she came off as weird.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sure, but her countenance is the epitome of exotic. The way she squints lol ...

And she delivered a line in Cold Mountain with such perfection: "I despise a floggin' rooster."

The difference between Renee Zellweger and Joey Lauren Adams is that Renee has won a few awards.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

No one ever remembers Helen Gahagan Douglas or George Murphy.

Liut likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Yabbut were they funny? HGD was pretty impressive in her own right. I think it's ironic her face and ability to play villains inspired the animated Maleficent (and thus the live action version.)

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think you'll see more liberal celebrities running for office in the next 15-20 years. Cynthia Nixon did. I think you'll see more as they see their money isn't really getting the world they hoped to see.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Ben Jones, better known as “Cooter” from “The Dukes of Hazzard,” was a two-term Democratic representative from Georgia in the U.S. House.

8. Songbird

The only Louis CK thread is locked. About 20 minutes from seeing CK live for the first time.

20211016_190320.jpg

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Pretty damn big theater for a guy who gets no publicity at all these days.

10. Songbird

3,051 capacity.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Did they have that big shepherd's hook they stick in from stage left to whisk him off the stage like in the Looney Tunes cartoons?

12. vicd

vicd Active Member

With Louis CK it's probably good you are in the back row. Were the fans in the front row wearing tarps?

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted