1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gabby Petito story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 20, 2021.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Latest is they're scouring an island off the coast of Florida and believe he may be there.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Suicide by cop?

“remember that running away to avoid being questioned isn’t a sign of guilt” oj

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Mark Meadows/Madison Cawthorn district is all anyone needs to know.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This would be a great thread: Creepiest place you’ve been.

I lived near a town that had a Christian cult where everyone gave up all their belongings to live on a compound, where they had their own police force that would pull people over with flashing lights to hand out literature if they dared drive too close to that compound. The problem was they rebranded themselves as more moderate in the 1990s (after an abuse scandal in the 1980’s) and would hold concerts that we as the newspaper for some reason covered.

So that’s how I found myself walking into a Christmas concert that was guarded at the door with two guys with AR-15’s.

5. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

I'd really love to read more about this cult!

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Apparently the hot Libertarian meme last week was “If Dog finds him before the FBI, I’m never paying taxes again!” Insert eye roll here.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m amazed they are able to capture all the great things Dog does on video.

I’m looking forward to see the video of the rocky, hilly, rough Florida terrain dog hurt himself on. The man is risking his life every day.

OscarMadison, lakefront and dixiehack like this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I often imagine how heroic a 68-year-old man with long, thin bleached blond hair, who is dressed like the Road Warrior with sweet 1992 sunglasses, would look in real life followed around by a shitty film crew on the hunt!

OscarMadison and Brooklyn Bridge like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted