1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3 NFL thread: Steamer Horning played in Toledo, not Cleveland

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Or you do both from the comfort of your EZ Chair - Exmediahack

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That’s a play in which four things can happen and three of them are bad.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It also screams "we are absolutely running here." Usually the formation for QB sneak does that anyway, but still. I kind of wish more teams used the bootleg - I feel like that's always a great play call in short yardage or goal line situations. Way better than the effing WR fade.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, the way the Niners did it -- lining up Juszczyk out wide (whch they do at times in other situations) and motioning him under center -- did not scream run until the last second or two.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Doesn't the receiver have to at least try to make it look like he's going to run a route to hold the CB? He just stood there.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nope. I'd much rather be at my bar spot where I can watch multiple games at once. Not to mention the fresh hell it is to even get to FedEx Field. From the bad fans, to the high price of everything, to the massive stoppages in play, it's just not fun anymore.

Batman and tapintoamerica like this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Correct.

Between the white trash acting like f'king assholes but nothing being done to them, and the expense and hassle, easier to stay home and watch on a screen. Or do something else more enjoyable, like watching paint dry.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about watching any standalone, unique-to-time slot college football game at home. The commercial breaks are so long that I’ve got to change the channel. Eventually, you can find something not in a break.
    As much as people love to rip baseball for being slow, MLB has done a good job of reducing time between innings.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

NCAAF games are drawn out more than any baseball game.

Waiting four hours for a regulation SEC game to end is bullshit. Glad it's not my problem anymore. Never wanted it to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted