1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 9, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

U.S. was up 8-4 at Medinah in 2012. I'm not shoveling the dirt until I'm certain the body is dead.

doctorquant and Driftwood like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1975: US 21 - Europe 11. Different format obviously. I was at Oakland Hills in '04, where Europe won 18 1/2 to 9 1/2, and believe me, it sure felt like 20 or more.

3. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

I've had enough of players who ticked off because they haven't been given a 30-inch putt. At this rate they'll be better off coming up with an excuse not to give anyone the Nicklaus/Jacklin Award.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

OK, that Rahm putt was ridiculous.

5. maumann

Already seeing the quadrennial bitching and moaning on social media, particularly from British golf writers, about the "boorish, uneducated" American golf fans.

In a way, I can see their point, Like the Euros, I haven't seen one of them make a putt, either.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Paul Azinger is a terrible analyst. He never says anything of value. NBC should dump him and promote Justin Leonard, who actually provides information on golf.

8. maumann

Between him and Nodding Off Notah, NBC could do so much better.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Team USA doing its part to make sure there is reason to watch tomorrow.

10. Michael_ Gee

It was fun to hear, right about when the four balls started, how the NBC team came WAY off its usual USA cheerleading with the dread realization, "Holy shit, we're going up against the NFL tomorrow. Let's go Europe!"

maumann likes this.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Split in this session leaves U.S. just 3 1/2 points from victory. That’s gonna be awfully hard for the Euros to overcome.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

McElroy has been unbelievably bad. I think I heard a stat, at one point he only had one hole under par in three matches?

Draft saved Draft deleted