1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s see if I’ve got this right

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake from State Farm, Sep 1, 2021.

1. rubenmateo

rubenmateo Active Member

I really cut down on fries after seeing stadiums/arenas start listing calorie counts. Always knew they’re unhealthy, but something about that visual was really impactful.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

One of the passions of my life has been consumption of Mexican food. And now that dog just won't hunt.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

When I was Dxed with DM2 in 2008, of course everyone had to tell me how they would just die if they couldn't have (insert sugar/carb bomb of choice here.) It's hard to not say that about peppers. Sorry, big guy.

Every internal conversation that begins with, "I want..." ends when I look at the nutritional information.

sgreenwell, SFIND and Octave like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Calorie counts listed on menus at restaurants and fast food joints has helped keep several pounds off the last 5 or so years.

You really do think twice before ordering that double bacon cheeseburger and fries and shake.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You can't go through a summer on the Cape without a fried shellfish meal or two, but at my favorite place, I ask them to replace the fries with double cole slaw. Probably gets the meal down to a four figure calorie count.

Roscablo, OscarMadison and Octave like this.
  6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

After surviving plague- so far anyway- I don't give half a hair off a monkey's ass about calorie count. If I go to a burger barn I am going to get paid.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you can believe them.

Went to a Mimi's cafe a few days ago. They listed their fries as 150 calories (I've never seen any count below 330 for fries, and it's usually 450-600). Went to a Cheesecake Factory on Sunday, and they listed calorie count for fries at 1,000+ (the serving was pretty standard size).

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Del Friscos

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The calorie counts I see are enormous -- for just about everything, it seems, these days.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Was at Cheesecake Factory on Sunday a spinach mushroom bacon and cheese omelette with potatoes and baguette was less calories than the Cobb Salad.

There were at least dozens of items on the menu they have larger calorie counts than 3 big Macs and a large fry (which is about 2300 calories)

11. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

I am 39 and I am totally with you on fries. Like I always used to want to finish them. I like them and I am also cheap. But lately, I am like, I can't even finish half of those. And it's perfectly OK now.

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

It makes sense when you consider people won't buy a 1/3 pound burger because it's smaller than 1/4.

heyabbott and ChrisLong like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted