1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Will it be in print as well?"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spikechiquet, Jun 22, 2021.

1. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Thank you. I shouted a HOLY SHIT last month when I got the news. There are some big names on that list and it's an honor to be among them. You understand why I wanted a copy of the magazine if the list was going to be in print.

SixToe, Liut and maumann like this.
  2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Congrats Ron! And thanks for the insights to all.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was just a "we like to see it in print" mentality or if there was some extra-cash incentive to push for us to print it from there end. I was leaning toward the "we like it in print" so glad most think this as well.

RonClements and Liut like this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I wrote a piece a few weeks ago (for a website that is an offshoot of a print product) that involved a non-industry friend doing me a favor and putting me in touch with a key interview subject, whom he knows from his line of work. First thing he asked when I said the piece was done: Can we get a print copy? Alas, it was web only. But print still has a cache for people of a certain age.

RonClements likes this.
  4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

For me, I want to sell my book to stores that might not already carry it come its August release, so having a copy of the magazine would have been nice instead of pulling up the URL on my phone.

Draft saved Draft deleted