1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, you've been vaccinated and how do you feel?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Apr 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

With the first Moderna shot, just a sore arm for a day or two.

With the second Moderna shot, I was fine that day. The next day I had chills and joint aches, which lasted for another day. Since then, no notable effects.

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

A bit sore at the injection site. No other issues for the first jab. Glad to get my first tracking devices implanted. Going in a couple of weeks for the second one.

3. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

Mod Squad here. Just a very sore arm and lasting red mark after first shot.

My second shot was a doozy. The next morning I woke up so achy in my back and joints that I couldn't pull myself out of bed. Luckily, I was fine the next day. My headache lasted about two days, though.

Glad the second shot was on a Friday, allowing me the weekend to recover.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Two hours post Pfizer1, the only mark on my arm is the indentation from the band-aid. I think the jabber missed.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My tracking device seems to be locked into KFI 640-AM Los Angeles. I keep getting traffic reports in my ear.

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Pfizer 1 in February: sore arm.
    Pfizer 2 in March: sore arm for 2 days, had shot in morning and slept pretty much 28 hours. Went to practice at 4 in the afternoon next day and left after an hour because I was still very tired. Slept 20 more hours and then was back on schedule.
    I have friends the wife is from the Midwest. Their family won’t be getting the vaccine because “we heard it makes you sterile”. No idea where they got that idea, but it must be out there.
    Meanwhile they have relatives in the medical field who say that’s not true.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That fear is pure moonshine. These are people who just don't want to admit the pandemic was real.

8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I'm afraid of needles, so at first I was like:

[​IMG]

But, then I took it like a champ and it didn't hurt at all. Second shot coming soon.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I received the first Moderna shot four weeks ago tomorrow. Arm became slightly sore later that day and was sore for about 36 hours. The most painful part of the process was removing the band-aid that was placed on a bunch of hair. Nurse that administered the shot predicted as much when she put the band-aid on.

I'm getting shot No. 2 tomorrow afternoon. Better go shave that arm now...

tea and ease likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Took Pfizer 2 on a Thursday. I preemptively took Tylenol before going to bed and then first thing Friday morning. I was fine and figured I was out of the woods. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, including the chills. I was fine by Saturday.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Damned libruhls. Don't you know you have a patriotic duty to treat COVID by drinking bleach and not by getting the Biden vaccine?

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Up here in Canuckistan we are lagging way behind you guys in vaccines. My province opened up Astra Zeneca shots to anyone 40+ on Tuesday. Wife and I got the shot. No adverse reaction for me but she was up wit a fever and crazy body aches overnight. Big sleep the next day and is now good to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted