1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, you've been vaccinated and how do you feel?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I haven't been in the pool for 406 days which directly correlates to me being much crabbier the last 406 days.

Webster likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have an elliptical at home which has the power broken, so I can use it, but there is zero resistance. Yesterday, I did my normal cardio workout at the gym which is at a relatively low resistance and was only able to do 25 out of my normal 45 minutes. Today, that improved to 42 out of 45. Hopefully, back to normal cardio ability in the next week or so.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Due to the vaccine?

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Golf the morning after shot two would have been amusing, with me not being able to lift my arm past my shoulder. That was really weird, I took allergy shots in arms for 30 years and never had anything like that.

maumann likes this.
  5. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Moderna #1 and #2, no problem except for a slight sore arm. My wife, after Moderna #2 was fine for a day. We finished a Zoom call with relatives at 5 p.m. the next day and by 6:30, she said she was pooped out and was going to bed. By the next morning, she was fine.

6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Hopefully everyone is continuing to mask and social distance.

It is the least we can do.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fully Moderna'd.

20210421_114136.jpg

8. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Got a Johnson and Johnson on Wednesday.

Thursday had blood work done.

Probably wasn't the smartest combo, but doc signed off of it....

Thursday night was tired, worked from home Friday. Other than that...

dixiehack likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

First three days after my Pfizer shot, no meaningful side effects.

Day four I went to my rheumatologist and they drew blood for my labs. That was a Tuesday and through Sunday night I felt like I’d been run over by a dump truck. But apparently the issue is iron deficiency, because they referred me to a hematologist for tomorrow - the day before Pfizer No. 2. So we’ll see how this shakes out.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I had blood drawn as part of my annual physical the day before I got Pfizer No. 2 and had no side effects from the shot whatsoever. I am convinced there are as many different reactions to the shots as there are people who get them.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Chills and fever overnight after the J&J shot on 3/22. Symptoms lingered into the next day, but still functional. A-OK on 3/24.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The wife is also #TeamPfizer and she had zero issues after her shots. Both times the jabber gave out weapons grade Tylenol after the shot with instructions to take when she got home. So maybe that helped.

One of my brothers-in-law and his wife, were both fine after the first shots, then fine again after the second but just for a couple of days, then they both got wiped out and stayed in bed for a couple of days with fever, chills, migraines and general body ache.

They're both fine now.

Draft saved Draft deleted