1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021-22 CFB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Then you are doing the right thing. Go for quality and a good fit. Your feet and your teeth, you only get the one set. Take care of them.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The worst pair of shoes I've ever owned was a pair of Adidas golf shoes. Nike golf shoes are stiff as hell too, at least they used to be. FootJoy is really the way to go. They make super comfy shoes to play in, and casual spikeless shoes for use when I'm working tournaments.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It's my experience that almost any runner who isn't paid by them will tell you, Nike shoes suck. I used to run 2000-2500 miles a year. I wore Adidas Oregons for racing and speedwork, but either Brooks, Saucony and New Balance for every other run, with New Balance being the shoe I wore for the last 10 years or so.

Gotta get anew pair of walking shoes soon, and they'll be NB.

Maybe it takes people until their 40 to realize that comfort beats cool 24/7.

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

If New Balance is good enough for Kawhi Leonard, then New Balance is good enough for me. ;)

6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I officiated basketball for many years. Started out wearing Nike because, well, everybody wore Nike. My feet hurt like hell the next morning. I went to a running store, told the clerk what I was looking for and he turned me on to Asics. They were awesome - a very light shoe, great support and no more pain.

As for golf shoes, I love Ecco.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A female friend of mine used to buy fancy heels and sometimes she'd take them off and you could see her feet bleeding - you need to suffer for fashion, she'd say. That's something a guy will never do. The only shoe I've ever worn that totally failed on me was a Nike golf shoe, the entire tread separated at the heel only months in. (It isn't like I golf every week).

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Lordy, don't compare the abuse women take for fashion's sake to finding a comfortable, supportive sneaker. Completely different things.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Probably still the way to go. Maybe Nikes have improved ... they'll have to.

Pretty sure some Asics blackouts can be found. Might even be in polishable leather.

Unless you signed some sort of apparel deal, go for it. (Before you laugh, IIRC, it seemed as if Dick Paparo wore high-water pants and black Nikes with white swooshes. Good luck convincing me he didn't try to get some promo money from Uncle Phil to do so.)

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

When my daughter ran high school cross country, her coach said at a parents' meeting to NOT buy Nike running shoes.

Draft saved Draft deleted