1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That’s what it is now. They meant for it to be a daily fine, but they screwed up drafting the original law. (Fancy that) This is going back to try and close the loophole and also a restraint on any nearby signage that might hurt their feelings. And don’t get me started on how is it even fucking possible to “disparage” a hunk of bronze or a road sign.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ned! Liarson!

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Look at the 'balls' on Liz Cheney

Doesn't seem to be hurting her fundraising

Good

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

That slave ship has sailed.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Trump goes away when they actually find a viable, exciting candidate, or when he dies. Like, they got into the Trump "problem" because, as much as he's a narcissistic shit stain, his brand of bullshit was still more appealing than Ted Cruz, Rubio wilted pretty much the first time he was exposed to the fire, and Kasich inspired pretty much nobody. I don't know who that person is right now, but my suspicion is that it is a younger Republican that wins a Senate or House race by a good vote margin while telling Trump to fuck off.

wicked, maumann and Octave like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is exactly right. There are about a zillion landscaping/lawn service firms in my suburban town and the vast majority of their employees are Latino. I dunno about their immigration status and I don't care. But it's not a job teenagers would do, even in the summer, because it wouldn't add to their resume for getting into Yale (they think, if I were an admissions officer it'd help 'em a lot). I am sure the work these guys do pays minimum wage or close to it. Oddly enough, the vast majority of employees at the nearby McDonald's are Latina.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

All the garbagemen in my town are black. Just sayin'.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They were racially integrated even back when I lived there in the '70s, but the happiest guys I ever saw at their work were the Cambridge, Mass. Sanitation Dept. BTW, goalmouth. Trash removal is often a municipal job, offering middle class salary and benefits. The Post Office has a high percentage of black employees for the same reason. It's a stepping stone job, socioeconomically speaking, which lawn service sure isn't.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Farm work is exempt from many federal labor laws such as time-and-a-half overtime. There's a reason why it's traditionally done by migrants.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd be a garbage man if it meant having this kind of fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted