1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They got a recent flip. This thing already hits people moving in DeSantis' circle. They're not going to say much early unless something either breaks or leaks. The wheel moves kinda slow, but I expect they have a lot of warrants working.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

While I agree with you on the vaccine issue, I do not agree it's similar to immigration.

To have an honest conversation requires a kind of pragmatic objectivity that a growing number of people simply view as immoral and irreverent - evil, even - to the sociopolitical religion they practice.

When you write "We have a right as a country to have control over our borders," there are, in my opinion, a growing number of people who think "no, we really don't have that right. We don't have the right to our own borders."

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The idea that progressives - which I view differently from liberals - find the US to have no sociopolitical moral authority...I think that may gain traction. Maybe not. Maybe I'm wrong. Again, among my progressive friends, the border issue is mostly "why don't they just let everybody who wants to come, come?"

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That's magatainment

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But it doesn’t count if it isn’t $2 trillion worth of steam powered equipment.

matt_garth, TigerVols and garrow like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Food? Think just about every industry, construction (which I am involved with every day), child care, hospitality, etc.....what's not involved? Maybe tech and medical care but all of the clean up? Yeah they're doing that.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

garrow and Gutter like this.
  12. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Wisconsin's dairy farms run on undocumented labor. I'd assume it's the same in the other big dairy states.

Draft saved Draft deleted