1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U coach: "I'm your new Hitler"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 22, 2019.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

From what I heard he was always pretty good with the media when they needed something that didn't include some random investigation against him and just an awful POS to everyone else.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Whenever I saw one of those gigantic booster clubs at a crazy high school football school, I figured the chances of someone sneaking a percentage were pretty good.

4. dixiehack

My favorite was him “needing” $2500/mo. to cover rent for the star QB transferring from Cali. There are entire city blocks in Valdosta you can rent out for that money.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And here comes the hammer:

The Georgia High School Association has levied a $7,500 fine against Valdosta High School, ordered the Wildcats to forfeit seven victories from the 2020 football season, banned the team from playing in the postseason in 2021, and declared a handful of players ineligible for next season after an investigation into whether the team used ineligible players.

GHSA executive director Dr. Robin Hines confirmed the sanctions to ESPN on Tuesday morning. Valdosta High School is expected to appeal the sanctions.

The GHSA investigation was the result of comments made by Valdosta High coach Rush Propst on a secretly recorded conversation he had with former booster club executive director Michael "Nub" Nelson in May, in which Propst indicated he needed "funny money" to help pay for living expenses for players' families who wanted to move there.​

Georgia's Valdosta HS players ineligible, wins forfeited — ESPN

6. dixiehack

I don’t doubt for a minute they are guilty as hell. But the California quarterback they were bringing in as a ringer went up to Grayson High in the Atlanta suburbs and won a 7A title before signing with Miami. And I haven’t heard a peep about that.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Is the quickest way to make sure your kid grows up to be a scumbag to name him Rush? Oooh speaking of

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7A? How long has that classification been a thing? And how many other states have a 7A?

9. dixiehack

Less than 15 years, because they were still at six classes when I left Georgia. And if I had written it according to proper GHSA nomenclature it would be Class AAAAAAA, which sounds like the chorus to Psycho Killer.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Quest que ce?

11. dixiehack

Make that 10 and four.

12. dixiehack

Sure Jan.
    Rush Propst comments as Valdosta is expected to appeal GHSA penalties

Draft saved Draft deleted