1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Huh. It’s like they were targeting areas with well-off white folks.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

So it's almost like the 60 Minutes piece wasn't completely full of shit?

garrow likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But California was really mean about its restrictions!

SFIND, TigerVols and garrow like this.
  4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This needs to happen, regardless of cost or lack of renumaration. This is important enough for that -- a worldwide humanitarian issue that needs to be addressed as such in the name of the health and well-being of the world.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    52ec1515eab8eaf1071b1115.jpg

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

How many months back have Johnson & Johnson just set us?

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's not the electricity, it's the steady source of extremely cold storage as well as the specialized containers needed to distribute them. Those were an issue here as well.

SFIND likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My threshold for being called a racist while my toddler screams about his molars coming in is low.

SFIND likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Got a good look into the mentality — and I’m not judging too much — of these decision-makers recently when former Marlins President David Samson, a noted hypochondriac who has a panic room and prepped for all this before the pandemic along with being a pretty unsavory but revealing fellow, said if he were still running a team he would still push to go to full capacity immediately. Of course that doesn’t matter for the Marlins given their attendance, but it does show how much pressure there is on these people to start generating revenue.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You can download data from the CDC site that has remarkable detail. That includes number of doses delivered (received by states) and administered (shot into arms) by state and manufacturer. The manufacturers listed are Moderna, Pfizer and Janssen-J&J. From what I can tell, roughly 9% of all fully vaccinated Americans are J&J recipients.
    The states in which the largest portion of fully vaccinated residents are J&J recipients: Maine (16.1%), DC (14.5%), New Hampshire (13.7%), Utah (13.0%) and Minnesota (12.24%).

COVID Data Tracker

Draft saved Draft deleted